Welcome! I’m Ann-Marie.
I’ve been a dance teacher for over fifteen years, I have an MA and a BFA in Dance, and I’m the author of the award winning children’s book, Learn to Speak Dance (OwlKids Books).
I'm an old soul with modern style. I love classical dance, but prefer to teach it in a contemporary environment. So, I started the movement lab. My goal is to surprise and delight you with the artistry and uniqueness of our classes.
Now, how about you?
I'll bet you're looking for a class for your son or daughter, who won't stop dancing at home. If you're like our other families, this probably describes you:
- You value arts education, and know a quality class will develop creativity, focus, physical health, and self esteem.
- You’re a little freaked out by competition studios (like the ones on reality TV).
- You don’t want your kids exposed to negative and old school ideas around body image and gender roles.
- You love to support local small businesses that make your neighbourhood a cooler place to live.
- You want a positive environment, where your child will have fun, feel a sense of belonging, and explore their unique creativity.
If this rings true, we're right there with you! We're different than most dance schools because we take the best of classical dance traditions, but teach them with contemporary style, values and approaches to education.
Translation? In a nutshell, here’s what we’re about: